1. Christie appeals to blue-collar white voters. Christie will help with all Rustbelt and Northeastern states. Double NE ticket ensures states like ME, CT, MA, NJ, MI, PA, MI, WI, OH are swing or red states.
2. There has been three times two people on the ticket from the same region won the election. It has always worked (past 100 years). 1992/96 Clinton/Gore AR/TN & 1948 Truman/Barkley MO/KY
3. With Christie as VP the media will have to talk about Jon Corzine and how corrupt he is. This works against their class warfare arguments. Remember how Jon Corzine was their go to man for economic advice?
4. Democrats will talk about his weight 24/7 and that will most likely backfire with the people since Christie could care less if he is overweight, which adds to his persona.
5. Romney’s sons are older whereas Christie’s sons and daughters are age 7 to 18. This brings balance to the ticket.
6. Mary-Pat Christie is from Pennsylvania, a needed swing state.
7. Christie will most likely bring in Independents that are undecided. According to many polls, independents approve of Christie overwhelmingly.
8. Christie usually will attack the dems from the middle and not from a right wing angle, adds appeal to independents.
9. Christie has a loud personality opposite of Romney, balance to the ticket. In addition, when Christie talks people listen.
10. Christie has amazing debating skills , and Joe Biden will have zero chance against him in a debate
11. Like Romney, Christie is a DC outsider who has never been a Senator or Congressman something that will appeal to a large majority of people. Also like Romney, Christie has been elected from a blue state, which will have a big impact bringing stubborn blue states over.
12. According to a poll conducted in March of 2012 he has 57% approval rating among NJ women. Another poll conducted in March of 2012 the Governor of NJ at 59% approval.
13. Christie is not tied to the last administration, GWB
14. Christie has not purposed any controversial laws that would hurt Romney like Dream act II lite.
15. Christie has never been on the record going after Romney.
16. Christie knows how to protect Romney and bring the fire back to the democrats tenfold without coming off poorly.
17. Christie will know how to argue against Obamacare since he hasn’t played an active role in HC debate, which means Obama administration cannot pin down his opinions and use it against Romney.
18. Christie is extremely careful with his words, unlike what people have said. He has only gotten in trouble once calling a legislator “numbnuts.”
19. NJ culture, poorly represented, has been promoted the past four years. There is a likelihood that the MTV/E! younger generation could switch votes from Obama based off increasing interest in all things Jersey.20. Christie will not upstage Romney and will not be a loose cannon VP nod. He has been loyal to Romney as one of the first endorsers and has already been to NH, IA, IL, and OH but didn’t go to OH due to severe storms, way more than Rubio or Portman combined.